Terms of Service Agreement
Please read this Agreement carefully before using our Services. It is a binding agreement between You and Geneea Analytics s.r.o. (“Geneea”, “We”). You automatically agree to this Agreement simply by using our Services.
If you do not agree to this Agreement, please do not use the Services.
For reference, a Definitions section is included at the end of this Agreement.
Subject to this Agreement, Geneea grants you a limited, non-exclusive, non-transferable, non-sub-licensable, non-assignable license to access and use Geneea’s Services.
2. Acceptable use
- Except as expressly permitted by law, you shall not reverse engineer, decompile or otherwise attempt to derive the source code for any underlying intellectual property used to provide the Services, or any part of it. Do not use the Services with the aim of obtaining data to create a system offering similar features to the Services or part of it.
- You shall not whitelabel or otherwise resell the Services without an explicit agreement with Geneea.
- If your account is labeled as Developer, Academic, or Trial:
- you shall not use the Services or their results for commercial purposes;
- you shall not publish the results of the analysis in the raw form returned by the Services, or in a form that allows the raw form to be reconstructed. You can publish aggregated results, graphs, etc.
- You shall abide by all applicable local, state, national and foreign laws, treaties and regulations in connection with your use of the Services, including those related to data privacy, international communications and the transmission of technical or personal data.
3. Registration, Account
- When registering for an account required to use the Services, you must provide accurate and truthful information about yourself. You need to keep the information in the account up-to-date.
- Unless explicitly permitted by Geneea, one account cannot be shared among multiple organizations. Separate legal entities need to use separate accounts.
- You are responsible for all activity occurring under your user account(s).
- Treat your password, user identification code, or any other piece of security information as confidential. You may share your account with other individuals within your organization.
- Notify us if your login/password or API key gets stolen. You can also change your password and API key via our self-service portal.
4. Subscription Term and Termination
- The Subscription Period is one calendar month unless explicitly agreed otherwise.
- Your subscription will be automatically renewed at the end of each Subscription Period unless your subscription fee is overdue.
- When the first subscription period is shorter than one calendar month, you will be charged a prorated amount based on the number of analyzed characters.
- You may terminate your subscription at anytime and you will not be charged for the following Subscription Period. However, Geneea will not issue a refund for the period during which the termination occurred.
- Geneea may terminate your subscription and suspend access to the Services at any time, with or without cause. In that case, we will notify you by email to the address listed in your account. We will also issue a prorated refund if requested by you.
- If your subscription is terminated by either side, you still remain liable for any unpaid charge related to the use of the Services up to the date of termination or through the term of the license contract.
- This Agreement remains valid even after subscription termination.
- You will be invoiced for each Subscription Period at the beginning of the period.
- If you provided us with a valid payment card as part of your account information, we will charge your card together with invoicing.
- If we do not have your payment card on file, or cannot charge it successfully, you shall pay the
- within 14 days
- by a bank transfer to our account listed in the invoice,
- in the currency listed in the invoice.
- When the payment is neither (1) a SEPA payment, nor (2) a payment in Czech Crowns within the Czech Republic, you shall be responsible for any banking fees. For example, in case of international Swift payments, it usually means using “OUR” in payment instructions.
- You agree to pay all applicable charges under this Agreement, including any applicable taxes or charges imposed by any government entity.
- Geneea may change its pricing at any time.
- Geneea will not issue refunds
- for lack of use of unterminated accounts. It is your responsibility to terminate your account before a new Subscription Period starts if you do not want to be charged automatically.
- for any unused amount of Services within you Plan.
- Refunds related to subscription termination are covered in Section 4 Subscription Term and Termination.
7. Submitted Data, Collected Information
- Submitted Data should not contain any content you are not allowed to send to us by law or by contracts you have with third parties.
- To continuously improve the Services, we may collect certain information about the Submitted Data, including the way it is submitted, processed, and the data itself.
- We also collect details of your visits to Geneea website such as traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, and the material that you submit to or access on Geneea.
8. Warranty, Maintenance
- The Services are provided on an "as is" basis, without warranty of any kind, expressed or implied, including but not limited to the warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and noninfringement. In no event shall Geneea be liable for any claim, damages or other liability, whether in an action of contract, tort or otherwise, arising from, out of or in connection with your use of the Services.
- We do not guarantee perfect accuracy or that our Services are error-free.
- With or without any notice, we reserve the right to regularly and at any time modify or discontinue, either temporarily or permanently, functions and features of the Services.
- Geneea’s website, documentation and other documents may contain links to other, 3rd party resources. Geneea has no control over their content, is not responsible for them, and is not liable for any loss or damage resulting from your use of them.
We reserve the right to modify this Agreement. By continuing the use of the Services after the modifications are posted, you accept the changes. The use of the Services is governed by the Agreement in force at the time of your use.
- Geneea Analytics, Geneea, We, Us, Our – refers to Geneea Analytics s.r.o., a company incorporated in the Czech Republic and registered in the register maintained by the Municipal Court in Prague at Insert C 228626, with registered number 03241394.
- Agreement – this document
- Services – the service that Geneea performs for you and other clients, including but not limited to providing access to Geneea's API and SaaS applications.
- Submitted Data – any data (especially textual documents and accompanying metadata) you send to us for processing. This includes both data submitted via API and by other means (e.g., initial historical dataset sent to us, so we can perform customization of Services for you).
- Plan – specification of Services provided to you, their features, properties, volume and price.
- Paid Plan – a plan for which we charge a fee.
11. Jurisdiction and Interpretation
- This Agreement is governed by and will be interpreted and construed in accordance with the laws of the Czech Republic. All participants agree to only bring legal actions regarding Geneea or this Agreement in the courts of the Czech Republic.
- If a court of competent jurisdiction holds any provision of this Agreement invalid or unenforceable, remaining provisions of this Agreement will remain in full force and effect, and the provision affected will be construed so as to be enforceable to the maximum extent permissible by law.
- The headings in this Agreement are inserted for convenience only and shall not affect the construction of this Agreement.